Gill's Chinese Adventure

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Last Few Weeks!

































thats right! i camped on the Great Wall of China, it was probably the coolest thing I have done in Beijing.  My program set up an overnight trip for us there.  First we had dinner and a campfire at a farmers house.  Then we trekked up the side of a mountain onto a deserted part of the Great Wall.  From there three of my friends and my (teacher) camped out in a tower.  We made a fire, listened to music and hung out.  We didn't any sleep because it was SOOO FREAKING COLD!! so we watched the sunrise!! It was so beautiful and peaceful.  
Before that I have just been enjoying my last few days in Beijing.  A week ago, I made dumplings at my coworkers house.  It was a great experience and I am going to perfect my dumpling making skills over the summer .  Another day my language partner took me to a hutong (old Beijing street) and we tried  snack foods.  Two weekends ago, it was my roomates birthday.  We went and saw a flying acrobat show.  It was amazing and a bit like Cirque du Soil.  Today I brought my friends to my internship.  All the kids loved them and the two headmasters took us out to a fancy dinner!  It was a great day.
I cannot believe I have less than a week in Beijing.  I have really enjoyed my time here and there is no question I will be back.  Beijing is full of culture and things to do and I have met so many great friends here, I am going to miss it SOO MUCH.  I am excited because soon I will embark  on a two week study trip in Central China.  I will be going to Xi'an (Terracotta Solidiers), Chengdu (Panda Reserve) and Guilin.  It should be a great trip and of course I am going to take tons of pictures!

1 comment:

  1. oh my GOSH i'm jealous. i want to camp on the great wall! although that sucks about the cold :(

    i'm loving all your pictures. egypt is cool and all, but china is so green and gorgeous... i miss vegetation. hahaha. anyway, i hope you're having an amazing time in central china. can't wait for pictures!

    ReplyDelete