Gill's Chinese Adventure

Sunday, April 12, 2009

在北京。



























































Happy Easter!
 So I will further explain my last post.  Apparently John McCain came to Beida to lead a roundtable discussion with faculty and students from an association.  Luckily the discussion was being hosted in the building next to my chinese class.  We somehow stumbled outside just about the time he was scheduled to arrive.  It was just so odd because he just arrived in a coach bus, walked out and greeted everyone from the association and then walked into the building.  There was no elaborate security scheme and there were only a dozen people waiting to see him.  My entire Chinese class was able to sneak up right near him with no trouble.  If this was in America, that would have never happened.  It was a really surreal thing.  But honestly, everyday in 中国 (China) is ridiculous.
Anyways, back to my everyday life in China.  Things have quieted down after the big birthday weekend.  I have been just hanging out, going to class and my internship.
Yesterday, I went to the Summer Palace.  It was absolutely beautiful but it was SO crowded!  I went with some of my Chinese friends, after we went out for pizza.  For one of them, it was the first time she had ever had pizza!  
Last weekend, a couple of my friends and I went to the Olympic Stadium.  It was really cool because they let you just walk right onto the turf.  


Other than that I have:
Gotten my hair cut
Went on an adventure to the Beijing International Post Office with my 老师 (teacher).
Had some decent mexican food
Done some shopping at local markets


It is spring time in 北京 (Beijing).  It is absolutely beautiful outside because all the flowers are blooming.  The only issue I have is that I am allergic to the majority of those flowers!  
Oh well, that is what is new for now.  I only have 3 weeks left in Beijing, and then we are going on our 2 week study trip and then 我回美国。(I return to the US)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment