Gill's Chinese Adventure
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Post # 3
I MADE IT!!! I am in CHINA. I have been here for three days and it has been amazing. I am staying at Peking University, which is a little to the Northeast of Beijing. The campus is beautiful (pictures to come) and the teachers are super sweet. I am here with about sixty students, about 30 from my school and then the rest are from all over the country. I am going on a three day study trip to Chengde which is a town a little outside of Beijing. And then on Thursday I start my classes. I also will be starting my internship in the middle of Feburary. I am going to be working at a school for Migrant Worker's children, and I am going to be teaching English! I am pretty excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Gill,
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a safe journey, and that you have a few days to acclimatise. Looking forward to hearing more !
Love from all of us here,
Aunt Joan, Uncle Dennis, Al, Dawn and Robxxxxx
Teaching English sounds like it will be an amazing experience! What age group will be in your class?
ReplyDeleteHow was the flight? What does your dorm look like? How is it getting around??
THAT PICTURE IS SO AWESOME!!! i cant wait to see more :)
miss you <3 voula